Update by user May 01, 2019

Never heard back from Kmart and no one has done anything to resolve this

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2019

On 3/31/2019 I was shopping for dog food and while browsing I found a box filled with RAWHIDE EXPRESS 105201 Large Rawhide Baguette Beef Filled for Pets, 8-Inch bones. The tags on them say best used by 2017.

That is almost 2 years expired. Now I’m no professional but I’m sure that it can’t be healthy or good for any dog or anyone to consume food that is out of date by 2 years. This is not the first time I’ve found expired dog food at this Kmart. A few month ago I found a bunch and complained to have the manager tell me he would fix the issue but clearly the issue has not been fixed.

When I brought this to a employees attention I was treated badly as the associate Jacob responded with I’m only 17 I can’t do anything about that and walked away from me. Then another associate said we don’t own this store and walked away. I asked for a manager but was told they are busy with an employee who just had a seizure and I was shunned away as clearly no one there cares if they sell expired food products that can potentially harm or kill a innocent animal. About 30 mins later I called and spoke to a manager who clearly did not care and sounded like she was laughing at what I had to say as she said she was gonna go check the food there and said the reason I found that is because they are short staffed but I saw 6 employees doing nothing up at the registers..

the lack of customer service here on top of expired food is unacceptable I didn’t even get a apology I was blown off. I picked up the box and put it behind two double doors right by pet department hopefully someone will not put it back out

Product or Service Mentioned: Kmart Manager.

Comments

Really i would not even buy any kind of food there.A few years back there was a recall on dog food.It was an expensive kind I forget what kind but dogs were dieing from it.When people started returning it they put it right back on the shelves.They do not care that is why soon Kmart will be no more.I used to work there and yes the store was also very dirty.The roof leaked and there were also rats there.Ah fun times.

THEY SHOULD DONATE ALL OF THAT FOOD TO THE SALVATION ARMY TO FEED THE PEOPLE STAYING AT THEIR SHELTERS. THEY CAN MIX IT WITH MASHED POTATOES AND VEGETABLES AND CALL IT "SHEPHERDS PIE". WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT THEM!!!!!!!!

We used to play a game called "Dairy Mart poker". Five players enter the store and have five minutes to located expired products.

Whomever finds the oldest date wins.

The prize for winning can be determined beforehand ; everyone buys your drinks, supper , whatever. Maybe I'll get the old gang together and go play at K-Mart !

@Anonymous

I used to avoid getting expired products by reaching way in the back, but now they have changed their tactics to putting the freshest stuff up front and the oldest stuff in back, so I always check back, front and middle before deciding what to get. I originally was like everybody else and would just grab the first product, but after several cases of getting real old stuff way past the expiration date, I started checking.

Often I get stuff that is weeks or months fresher that way. Also, when reaching all the way to the back I also often find stuff that is way way past the expiration date.

And it is still taking up space, energy being wasted keeping it refrigerated when it is several months past the expiration date. I doubt that the homeless would even want it.

Kmart Reviews