1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

This is an issue that I have with both Kmart and Sears, so I'll be sure to share my frustration on both pages. My problem is not unique--Sears/Kmart messed up my order, took forever to resolve the issue, which then was ALSO messed up, which resulted in a second round of phone calls, emails, and complaints.

The story is essentially this: I spent about $130 on several pieces of clothing that were to be given as gifts on Friday, December 15th. I ordered everything on November 20th, so that was PLENTY of time to receive everything, get them packed, etc. Well, because I had ordered so many things, they were shipped from various warehouses and came in 6 different shipments... which is totally fine!

As long as everything got here, I didn't care what order they arrived to my house. Well, on the 7th of December, my last parcel arrived... but there were TWO huge errors. One of the skirts was the absolute wrong color, and the other one...

wasn't there. They literally just neglected to put one of my skirts in the shipment, even though there was a checklist enclosed. I'm not sure what moron could make this sort of mistake, but whatever. Not a huge deal, right?

I'll just call Sears, send them the picture of the opened parcel with the wrong color skirt and missing item, and surely they can expedite the correct pieces. Hahaha, nope. After being transferred three times, I finally was connected with someone who said they couldn't really help me with getting the right color skirt in time (because I'd have to send it back, wait for it to be verified that they received it, then they'd send the right one to me), BUT he said he could absolutely make sure that my missing skirt was sent to me, and that it would be received before my deadline (December 15th). He was very kind and processed the order for me, and we were good to go...

or so I thought. For whatever reason, the very next day, I received an email saying my order was cancelled. Of course, I'm fuming by now, because that's another day lost. I immediately call and get the most uninformed customer service rep that I've ever spoken with.

I explained the situation and said I had documentation of everything (as I record phone calls and save all chats with agents), and that I needed her to expedite ship my skirt to me ASAP. At first, this agent insisted that I pay for the skirt, even though I had clear evidence that I already paid for the item and it never arrived, and that the order had been placed again for me last night, but someone on their end cancelled it for no freaking reason. After arguing with her for 30 minutes, she finally just reinstated the order. I asked her if she could guarantee that this order would actually arrive and not get cancelled.

She said she didn't know. So I asked if there was a way for her to find out WHY the other one got cancelled. She didn't answer my question, but merely asked if I was satisfied with the resolution. After another 5 minutes of her dodging questions, I decided that I was just going to call a complaint hotline, because I had enough.

Fast forward another two hours, I finally got a formal complaint submitted. The person I spoke with was very kind and understanding, and I was able to receiving a tracking number for my shipment the following day. As of right now, the skirt is slated to arrive on December 14th, which is cutting everything EXTREMELY closely. All in all, I'm just very upset that I had to go through all of this over Sears/Kmart's error.

YOU sent me the wrong color of something (which I'm just not even going to bother with trying to fix), and you flat out try to steal from me by not sending an item I paid for? Had I been busy and not meticulously counting things as they arrived, I might not have noticed. So, I would have legitimately just given them money for something one of their underpaid, underqualified staff overlooked placing in my box, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A CHECKLIST. Unreal!

I feel like at the very least, I deserve some sort of credit or partial refund for the absurd amount of time and energy that I was forced to put into this entire debacle. Had Sears/Kmart operated like a competent organization, they would've just sent me the correct pieces from my order the first time. Yet, here I am--weeks later--still upset and agitated, because I'm waiting on a skirt that I should've received last week. And part of me fears that this will be the wrong color, since they've already demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to fulfill an orderly properly the first time.

As soon as I get this skirt, I will be sure to NEVER do business with Sears/Kmart again. It was a mistake to utilize them for any of these purchases, but I wanted to take a chance. Well, I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time with them from this point forward.

It's no wonder this company is dying--they have no clue what they're doing or how to provide decent customer service. Good riddance, Kmart/Sears.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kmart Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Horrible customer service.

Comments

kmart don't care about the customer just your damn money. you wanted a cheap deal and you got what you paid for.

Hate that you wasn't treated like royalty just your money. Deal with it.