I bought a 55 inch TV last year. I purchased a Smart plan in case anything would happen to the TV.

I attempted to submit a reimbursement claim last month, and I was informed that one of their technicians had to view the TV themselves to verify the TV could not be repaired. That was not an issue. The issue was that I was giving the round around for a month, from department to department, they made duplicate case numbers, and one system verified my coverage, however, the other did not. Now I am waiting because none of their technicians for Kmart or Sears come out to my service area.

They are trying to get contractors, but nobody will take the job. Nobody can offer me any other solutions. At this point I would be willing to take the TV to a Kmart and have an employee verify the TV is broken. This company is the worst and could care less about their customers.

If you don't have a technician then give me a reimbursement. I have filed several complaints, attempted to contact corporate office, and spoken to the escalation team. Nobody can do anything. No managers are ever available.

No one calls back. It’s ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kmart Smart Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Kmart Cons: Being mislead, Poor customer service, Customer service and contact information is a joke, Having to argue to get the refund, And return policy.

Comments

It sounds like they were giving you "The K-Mart Screw".

Kmart Reviews