I just lost about two hours of my life that I will not get back by visiting this store... on Route 38 in Moorestown, NJ.
I call myself planning ahead for the holiday season, so I went online this morning and ordered the 5PC TABLE TRAY SET @ $31.49 -- with my 15% off coupon off a SINGLE ITEM IN THE HOME DEPT, it brought the item down to $26.77 -- Go me!! Then I had another coupon to save $7 off an ORDER TOTAL OF $50 or more! So, I decided to order three DEAN ENERGY EFFICIENT THERMAL LINED GROMMET @ 14.49. With the coupons, the panels came to $11.15/each. My complete order total was $64.44. I submitted the online order a little before 9 AM -- I received a confirmation email that my order was being processed, followed by a text that my order was ready for pickup, which I received around 11 AM. I opted to pay at the store versus paying beforehand.
I headed over to the store around lunchtime.
Before paying for my online order, I went to check out the panels I was about to go pay for -- I was not thrilled about the quality and picked up three panels to replace the ones in the order. They were the KMART NEWFANE CHOCOLATE PANELS @ $11.69/EA. They're originally $12.99/ea. Then they had this fifteen minute blue light special -- so, I grabbed four pillows, a comforter set, a sheet set, and two fleece blankets.
Now, my cart is full!
I go over to the customer service counter to purchase my online order and I have the pleasure of completing the process with Diamond.
First, she had to locate the order -- even though the information was on the system. She asked if I had received confirmation that the order was ready and I explained to her that I had. When she located the four items, I told her I wanted to change out the grommet panels in the order, because I was not satisfied with the quality. She told it would not be a problem, but I would have to pay for the order and then she could do the adjustment. I asked would this be a problem, since I used coupons, and she said it would not be a problem. I paid the $64.44. Then she went to do a refund on the grommets for me to purchase the new ones -- it didn't make sense that I had to pay the difference, when I had used coupons. So, then I said refund me the entire order and I'll just repurchase it. She then goes on to tell me that I could not use two coupons in the same transaction -- that didn't make much sense, since I was able to use the two of them online and had the receipt and confirmation to prove it!
I got out of her line and walked over to Kaitlyn's line. Diamond made it her business to tell her that I could only use one coupon, but I didn't get that pitch until it was time for me to pay for bluelight specials and the stuff I originally came into the store for in the first place! So, when everything was all rung up and price modified for their fifteen minute sale -- Kaitlyn tells me I can only use one coupon! I read to her the "fine print" on the back of the coupon -- CANNOT COMBINE WITH OTHER COUPONS FOR THE SAME ITEM AND THE COUPON CANNOT BE DOUBLED. This was not the case. Then she went and got Diamond. I had to explain to her how coupons work. Kaitlyn attempts to process the coupon and because of Diamond processing my online order, by coupons were voided... They could not be used! Kaitlyn turned off her light, while they scrambled around to find another unqualified person by the name of Ashonti. Her solution was to ring the two orders separately and to apply the coupons separately, but modified, of course, because they were already used.
To shorten up this story, I ended up losing my coupon, when Diamond processed the order. I tried reordering the item again online and I was told that even though the item was available at the store, I would have to wait 24-48hrs. I didn't want to leave, because people get amnesia when you try to come back a day or two later trying to conduct business. I called 866-562-7848 and that was a waste of time -- they told me that KMart does not match their online prices, but Diamond was the one that fudged this one up! Not me! I ended up returning everything that I purchased -- now, I must wait 3 to 5 days to have the $64.44 returned to my card for the online order and the $82.95 I spent for the fifteen minute bluelight special! Kmart can kick rocks...
What irritates me the most is that all they had to was adjust the tables to amount that I would've paid online -- $26.77. They can markdown what they want to markdown, but when it comes to satisfying a customer, who had all of their documentation, they want to get technical and act like it can't be done! So, I'm done! Enjoy restocking your shelves... and remember, sales generate the hours for you to come to work... No sales, no hours, no job -- You do the math!
And I can't tell you who the manager is, because they're all running around with codes to override what they see fit!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Issue resolution
- Coupon policies
- Employee training
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Essential Home 5 Pc Table Tray Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Here we go again another issue with another million dollar company trying to rip consumers off! With this email I'm sending is because my husband and I went to Kmart and..."
- "Consumer beware! I ordered 2 hearing amplifiers from Kmart.com online. I was sent an email that my items shipped with a ups tracking number. Kmart charged my credit card for..."
- "The picture on the box is very deceiving. Makes the cart looks much bigger. On sale for 15.99. Reg 49.99. You kidding me? My 86 year old other bought two...."
- "I been along time buyer of play n trade for 3 years. On 3-10-13 was the shock of my life, it starts like this. I have a psp 2001 i..."
- "Would like dome replaced. It is melted and cracked..."
- "I ordered a charger from them advertised as a "GENUINE Original 60W Apple Macbook Magsafe 2 Charger". Received a generic (generic box, no logo on charger). Emailed them about it..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."