2.7K views

im a former employee for this "company" 2 years at the west covina kmart #3235. 626 960 3756

LONG story short.

kmart is nothing but bullsheeet. they dont care about their customer and their employees. how many times did they threaten to fire me because i didnt get enough people to enroll it their rewards card..? you get 1% back meaning that if you spend $100, you only get ONE dollar back.

thats all it does. they ask you to give them your email so you can be a "bonus member" they send you nothing but junk mail. store manager mike threatened to fire me so many times because i didnt get enough customers to apply for their sears/kmart credit card.your seriously going to fire me because people dont want to apply for your 29.7% apr credit card? i was there for about 3 years and i never saw anyone get approved.

pay people minimum wage, make employees cover 3 departments + registers (cut back on staff to save money), talk down to them regularly, and pressure them into conning customers into signing up for underhanded scams and junk they dont need... sooner than later your employees stop giving a sh

Review about: Kmart Manager.

Comments

Kmart fired me because I got pregnant

to Anonymous #1373242

Which kmart was this?

Spell check

Bruce007

Unfortunately this kind of treatment is common in retail and fast food. They can fire you illegally and they know you cannot afford a lawyer. My advice is to finish high school, attend a college and get a degree.

Bruce007
Plover, Wisconsin, United States #1074722

The simple solution is go to college, get an education and get a better job. This unfortunately is how retail works. Same with fast food.

CashNCarry

Dude I know the feeling, I worked at the Eastlake Ohio Kmart and it was the same way before they closed it down. Managers think their stuff don't stink, talk down to you even if you are trying hard to help customers and covering for someone else.

Basicly you can pull your own weight and two other peoples weight and they still treat you like they can toss you out of your job on your ear and have 100 people wanting your job off the street in 10 seconds or less. The store started to go under when they threw away Old Man Kresge's Employee and Customer care guide lines out the window way back in the late 80's early 90's, and have not been able to pull their self out of the hole ever since.

Like any other place all they care about is the bottom line in cash, but they forgot where the cash comes from... the good employees taking care of customers, making them WANT to come back and buy more.

if you hate your job, QUITTTTT

mfila
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #890050

That's disgusting. So they are being shoved out of the race by WalMart and their big idea to fix it is to take up their poor business model???

I'm sorry they threatened you but you seem to have morals - perhaps you really aren't the right fit for the job and might consider finding employment with a company that are customer-oriented instead of big-business greed?

to mfila #922554

Most likely the person is lying, they were not threatened because people said no, they were threatened because they did not ask.

to KevinRichards #957372

They're not lying. I work in a KMart and the cashiers, at least at one time, were threatened with being fired if not enough people signed up for the rewards program.

It wasn't about not asking; there was literally a red arrow on their screens indicating that not enough people were signing up. Apparently they were all told that if their arrow stayed red for too long they'd be fired, which led to the cashiers finding ways around having their "numbers" going down.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #958181

Do your job and you won't be threatened.

to KevinRichards #1052088

They're not lying. It does happen to cashiers at my store.

Thank God I'm on the floor because we don't have to deal with that kind of pressure! We still work hard and are under stress like everyone else, but at least we don't have the credit card/SYWR monkies on our backs!

Grow up all of you, do your job and you won't have to worry about them threatening to fire you.

I work at K-Mart as a cashier and have only for a little over a month and I hate it already. First off, they will only hire us part time to save money and we are lucky to get 17 or more hours.

We have to organize other departments and if we are just standing we get yelled at. They force us to lie and annoy people to sign up for the rewards program. I had alow percentage and my manager came to me and started telling me I need to pick it up and make people sign up, to convince them. I told him that I tried and they told me they don't want it.

He then told me I need to make them, to tell them how it's free and to continue to annoy them til they sign up. They want us to force people into buying the replacement plan. They told us not to give them the option of saying no. To ask which one they will buy (1 yr or 2 yr plan).

If we need help with a angry customer, the service desk will tell us that we need to wait till they are ready to help, even if we are being yelled at, called names, and threatened. I called in one day because I had to get my eyes dilated and I couldn't see still and the manager told me that I need to come in anyways. I told him I couldn't even see and that the light hurts and he told me either come in or it's going against me but they want to see me there on time.. They work you hard and when you have a scheduled break they won't let you take it till they want you too.

I could go on all day but I will just leave it at that. (close to quiting and finding a new job)

Bloomington, Indiana, United States #852463

SHOP YOUR WAY KMART

kmart at white plains is the worst place to work. they make employees on the floor work like slaves.

making minors do illegal things. i have a daughter that works there and she tells me all about how her managers make the guys work like complete slaves. they dont give raises to those who work hard. they treat employees like sheet.

cashiers get pressured with their *** show your way and smart plans. managers are full of sheet too. they have one person on the floor to answer all of their calls from customer service.

this place is ridiculous. i would never recommend kmart at white plains to anyone for employment.

I am a former Kmart employee for the Kmart in apple valley ca and I have a lawsuit against them!!!!! I hated that place from the day of hire.

They do give two sheeeets about there workers. They allowed two racist customers come into my dept and assault me! That place needs to be shut down! The store manager Phil P and there he manager Donna need to go!

They are terrible people!!!!

Don't ever shop in that store! Ever!

to Sweetest revenge #922053

Do it!!!I did it and won.I have seen so many wrong goings on there.The worst thing I have seen them do is fire this guy who worked 27 years for them and was about to retire.A month before his retirement they fired him for no reason...lost his pension...lost his home..I will never set foot in kmart again.But I am sure enjoying all this money they were forced to give me.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #724216

To all the full time K-Mart employees beware your HR managers, that are loosing their jobs because of the restructuring. I've been told that some HR managers are trying to infraction out any full time employee so the HR can take the full time position.

The HR managers were told they could stay on at K-mart part time but if a full time position became available they could stay.

Our HR is in the process of trying to get rid of a valued employee. The store manager is fully aware of what's happening but he's ok with it so if he gets in a bind the old HR can still do payroll and help with the schedule.

Highland, California, United States #707234

I work at the Kmart in Redlands. Its one horrible job to work for.

I have been here for two years and they seriously don't care about the associates or customers. My first year I worked layaway I soon got pregnant and told them I couldn't do layaway since I was having complications but did they ever take me out? No! They decided to wait till I was 34 weeks pregnant and until a customer had to complain twice because I was lifting heavy boxes ...

bull ***!!!! They schedule me by myself back there with no help and keep writting me up because I wouldn't clean up and put the boxes up the *** stairs. I recently got back from maternity and they put me to supervisor ....

yet everyone there has received a raise and I deal with rude customers for the same price.. I rather be a cashier and get paid the same and have less stress ridiculous!!!