1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I tried exchanging a coat my som received as a gift for the exact same coat in a bigger size.I was told in the store that I needed a receipt to do anything.

When I explained that it was a gift and I didn't have one, I was told to call customer service. When I called I was told that whoever bought the gift wanted to make sure that we couldn't get a different gift because otherwise they would have given me a gift receipt. He further stated that he didn't have a cash register and therefore was not able to do anything and he was tired of people calling complaining about not being able to exchange items. This is the most horrible store.

Employees are always rude and their store policy is ridiculous.I am never going back there again.

Review about: Coat.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Kmart?

Comments

Drama queen!They have gift receipts.

You're just mad cause they told you no...your problem not Kmart

Fullerton, California, United States #1296439

If you are old enough to be having children, you are old enough to not mistake being told "no" as rude. I am sure even your son is smarter than you are.

offconsumerpissed

"He further stated that he didn't have a cash register and therefore was not able to do anything and he was tired of people calling complaining about not being able to exchange items."

Yes!If he truly said that, I want to go shop at all the K-Marts!

It's such a simple concept. Want to return an item? Have a receipt. Don't have a receipt?

Don't return the item. Who doesn't ask for a gift receipt? Especially when buying clothes for a child?!? There's a reason stores are so clear cut.

They've been scammed hundreds of times. Does it stink for normal people?

Sure.But, life is life.