3.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I visited the K-Mart on Carlisle tonight and was helped by a rude lady.As I was walking away from the register, I noticed I was not rung up for the sale price on one of my items.

I went back and told the lady my problem. She ignored me for a few minutes and helped two customers who were waiting without calling anyone or doing anything to help my situation. She then proceeded to help the next customer until I interrupted her and asked when she planned on helping me as 10 minutes had almost past and I was still waiting. She snipped back at me and said she needed to help them first.

I sent my fiancé to double check the item's price and when he got back and told her it was suppose to be on sale, she took up 10 more minutes of my time by calling someone else to price check the item he had just checked. I go with the lady she called to price check and there it is bright as day, the price I said it was, labeled on over five of the same items. She tells me to tell the cashier to honor the price as it was their fault the item was marked wrong and hadn't been pulled. I give the cashier the tag and repeat what the other lady had told me to tell her.

But she still rudely gave me an incredibly hard time over a $4 price difference. I asked for her name since she wasn't wearing any name tag and when I didn't want to listen to her argue with me any further I asked for the manager. He came quickly to the rescue and sent her on her way. He assisted my refund and gave me my money back.

Denise had horrible customer service though. If it hadn't been for the manager I would have taken further action.

Also,it had to have been at least 80 degrees in the store when I was in there.Not the greatest shopping weather.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Kmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kmart.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Kmart to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kmart?

Comments

When you returned for your price adjustment, did you jump the line?Or, did you immediately cut in front of others?

I'm betting it was the latter. If so, she was right to assist the other customers. Also, she has to send an employee to check the sales price, it's policy. It's not her fault the sale price didn't ring up, you know.

She doesn't control what prices are marked in their system.I'm sure she was as frustrated as you.

Poor customer service

Not_the_0P
Benicia, California, United States #1193329

Nope it was not the lady that was rude, it was you who was rude. You were rude because she put you in your place when you were trying to cut in line.

to Not_the_0P #1379946

Lol it was the customer service line and I had been waiting first before everyone else. She was purposefully letting them go ahead of me.

Just another reason not to shop at Kmart. This sort of customer service is what stores get when they pay their cashiers $8 an hour. Their applicant pool is seriously lacking in quality people.