2.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I didn't want to resort to this, but I am so appalled by my experience and how it was handled by Kmart/Sears customer service that I feel compelled to share it so no one else has to waste their valuable time on this company.I have a Kmart store about a mile from my home, but have preferred to spend my money at a competitor's store, which is the same distance from my work as Kmart is from my home, due to better prices and selection.

In the past few months. I have opened up to shopping at Kmart once again. Today I heard that they were having great sales on Christmas decorations. My husband shopped there earlier, but I decided that I wanted to buy more.

I opted to shop online for in-store pickup on all but one item so that I could use all of the reward and surprise points that I had earned, and to take advantage of cash back offers from Ebates as well as coupon codes. Well, it took me about an hour to order just a few items. The Website kept getting hung up. Then I found out that neither of the coupon codes could be applied despite no mention of any exclusions, which I specifically looked for in advance.

Finally, my order was placed. Oddly enough, it took over two hours to email me the order confirmation. After going out to dinner with my family, I realized I still hadn't gotten the email or a text regarding the in-store pickup status. The Website provided no order status and directed me to a toll free number.

When I called, I had trouble hearing the customer service rep and he also had an accent. No big deal, America is the great melting pot. I couldn't at that point assume that my call went overseas. If it did, I have to say that I would personally find this very offensive when so many Americans are struggling to find work, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

The rep told me that it would take 24 hours to send my order to the store. I wanted it sooner, so I offered to go there, pull my own order, and bring it to the service desk but was told that this was not an option. I ended up going to the store and spending a long time at the service desk, which had not received my order, trying to work something out. At first they said no to pulling my order because they hadn't received it and couldn't guarantee the same price in-store as I got online.

They would also have to cancel my online order but my $9+ in points would not be available because I used it for the online order. After much negotiating, the CSR was kind enough to tell me that she could give me that 9+ discount. I purchased everything and then some. I was satisfied enough by the helpful in-store employees that I decided I wasn't going to go ahead with any negative reviews.

Shortly after I got home, I went online to cancel the order and was again directed to the toll-free number. Ok, either I got the same guy I had last time, or for sure they outsource their customer service to India. Yes, they are trying to survive the same as we are, but again I am a firm believer that it is disgraceful and greedy for any American employer to send jobs overseas when we need them on our homeland and our fellow Americans can better serve each other because we better understand the needs and desires created by our own culture. SO I am told that my order has been processed and the only thing I can do, at least for the item being shipped to my home, is refuse delivery.

I told the CSR that there is no way that a shipping label could have even been created based upon what the last guy told me, and even if it had been, whichever shipping company they use would not have picked it up. I told him that somebody could totally grab that label to intercept the shipment of an order that could not even have been picked yet. He put me on hold. When he came back on the line he told me that he couldn't do anything to stop shipment.

In the meantime, they have even charged me for the order that they never sent to my local store and that (assuming he actually canceled that portion of my order), they would not refund me for 72 hours. I am so disgusted I will never shop at Kmart or Sears again, nor will I let anyone in my household.

If I wanted to waste another 2-1/2 hours of my life I would return what I bought in-store tonight.What burns me is that I still have to deal with all these other items when they come in or are pulled off the shelves (the pickup items were in stock), and I've found that what should take a mere ten minutes actually takes two hours with Kmart.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $55. The author is overall dissatisfied with Kmart. The most disappointing about general merchandise from Kmart was management unwilling to assist in customer needs, extremely rude customer service and shady practices , but reviewer liked cashier was nice. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kmart.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Kmart to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kmart?

Comments