1.1
Ease of Use

I ordered a pair of shoes online from KMart.Received the shoes but didn't like how they fit.

I wanted to return them and on my shipping receipt I read that I would be charged a restocking fee if I return them. I was shocked so I called the phone number and it was Shoes.com who answered. I told the customer representative that I wanted to return the shoes and she said fine but I will be charged a $7.95 restocking fee. I told her I will not pay it because I ordered them through KMart.

She told me that Kmart gets the shoes through them b/c they are a 3rd party for Kmart. Nowhere on Kmart website did it say they go through a 3rd party and I would be charged a restocking fee. If it had I would never have ordered them. So the customer rep said she would wave the fee.

When I received my credit card statement instead of the $52.95 I payed being credited they only credited me $46.00. I spoke to Shoes.com and asked why I wasn't given my whole refund and I was told they did credit me $52.95 but Sears/Kmart must have charged me a $6.95 restocking fee. When I called sears (3 times) I was told I would be contacted by someone and have it straightened out. All I received was an email telling me I was being charged a $6.95 restocking fee.

Well duh, I already knew that. So I called again and I was assured I would be contacted by email in 72 hours from the department that takes care of it. Well it's been 5 days and haven't gotten a thing. Why in the heck is Sears/Kmart charging me a $6.95 restocking fee?

They didn't restock them. I returned them to Shoes.com. And please what the heck is a restocking fee? That's the most ridiculous gimmick.

I won't give up on my $6.95 though. That's my money. No wonder Sears/Kmart is in trouble and has to close stores.

I won't be ordering from them again.Actually if I don't get satisfaction and get MY money I will never shop there again.

Review about: Shoes.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Kmart?

Comments

h.kitchener

Dispute the original charge. If nothing else, Sears will be hit with a (usually)$25 "dispute" fee charged by your card company to the seller. And, of course stop shopping at KMart or any other store connected with Sears---which may be difficult in the near future given the financial mess Sears Holdings is in.

to h.kitchener #1398743

That's a great idea.I will try that.

Had no idea they get charged a dispute fee.I still haven't gotten any responses back from Sears/Kmart.