customer service store customer service manager money people order items item

Customers Treatment Review

Worst stpre in staten island. Everyone in there trears the customers like garbage. They only care about themselves.

Kmart is doing great!

5.0
I love Kmart! im only pissed off reading the reviews on here. they have great prices, great staff that is like family, and great management! people on here need to *** this is what corporate is for! not this lame *** website! lighten up! the workers are great! ive shopped here for years and this place is still amazing! yes it could use a little more stock and things may need to get done more than expected, but i love it here! i hope Kmart steps up their game and becomes as big as target! btw all you people who don't have rewards, you all deserve to get smacked!

mine closed!! and it was going down hill for years.

glad to see the old icon is still active somewhere.

this site is for people that have issues with a companies PISSED (MAD UNHAPPY ).

@Anonymous

trust me! everyone on this site has issues!!!!

Review
Cons
  • People on here need to stfu
Good customer service

Again Kmart nepotism

I feel the allentown kmarts bleed nepotism. Not to long ago they hired a cross dresser to cashier up front making the employees and the customers feel like whats the point of a dress code he /she isn't exactly following it. I feel he she was hired because the manager of the store is a practicing cross dresser who has won several pageants in New Jersey ect. for just this and it had nothing to do with her qualifications as a good risk as an employee I feel he is practicing nepotism because of his own personal interest in the employee as a cross dresser. I mean when did it become appropriate for a male employee to wear heels, short skirts ect and everyone can tell shes a man because she can't even walk correctly in themand has male features ect..As a man that wears the pants in the family.I say go ahead hire cross dressers but they need not dress that way at the store.I feel perversion has been forced upon me. what do I say to my kids when they come to my place of employment and see this and say why is that man in womens clothing.I feel I can't bring them in my own Kmart anymore.I've had so many comments directed toward me by customers and I am tired of defending Kmarts right to hire who they please.No wonder we can't get the young ones to stop wearing hooded sweatshirts on the job. Kmart doesn't care what you wear.

Mmmmm...i like to lick heels. Tastes like Cherry Pie, thanks Warrant.

But she's only 17 Winger keeps telling me. Some other time then.

Favoritism, Cronyism, and Nepotism Not a large difference between them at Kmart and other places of work

Cronyism is a more specific form of favoritism, referring to partiality towards friends and associates. As the old saying goes, "It's not what you know but who you know" It's not what you don't know; it's who your roommate knows." Cronyism occurs within a network of insiders-the "good ol' boys/girls ," who confer favors on one another.

Favoritism, cronyism, and nepotism all interfere with fairness because they give undue advantage to someone who does not necessarily merit this treatment.

In the public sphere, favoritism, cronyism, and nepotism also undermine the common good.

When someone is granted a position because of connections rather than because he or she has the best credentials and experience, the service that person renders to the public may be inferior.

Also, because favoritism is often covert

this practice undercuts the transparency that should be part of the hiring practice The first issue here is competence. If the shoe fits wear it and it does not seem like this employee is wearing them well.

He hired her upfront as a cashier as if to make a statement of some sort most of the guys at Kmart cashier lift freight ect man jobs but he seems to be doing womens work only.To me he was not a good risk for a multijob such as in retail where you have to do more than cashier work on slow times.He is getting away with it now because no one wants to push the cross dresser because of the bosses cronyism. I’d like to know what rate he hired him at.I bet it wasn’t as low as all the girls are getting for their cashiering.

There are all types of people in the world, grow a back bone and explain to your kids how things are, if they even ask about it. For your information Mr.

Perfect, you are misusing the word nepotism, the word means showing favoritism to relatives in hiring for jobs.

Your wife must be a door mat, if she lets you completely wear the pants in your family. It would never work with me, that isn't the way marriage is supposed to be, so don't brag about it.

@anonymous

In other words they should tell their own children, that that man is a weirdo and to stay far from him because he is sick. What this man is saying is dresses are for women, he should be wearing pants. Unfortunately in today's world he is allowed to wear his dress if women are allowed to wear dresses or he can claim discrimination, hopefully he gets what is coming to him for being a freak.

View more comments (3)
Service
Kmart Cashier
Poor customer service

Kmart - Unhelpful Salesperson Review

Went to KMart to find some shoes....found some on sale but in the wrong sized. Found a staff person to see if they had a different size and we ended up never seeing her again. After 15 minutes or so of waiting around, we even walked around the store to see if we could find her. We ended up at the customer service desk where the line was full, and the clerk was dealing with an upset customer. He had no customer service at all and looked like he didnt want to be there. Finally, one of the registers opened which shortened the line. When it was finally our turn, I told him what happened and he started yelping to someone on the radio....the personell on the radio said very quickly that we dont have anymore of that shoe. So we wasted so much time!!! I almost said I didnt want my merchandise anymore. At the same time, the otherworkers were so unorganized and had a money til laying out on the counter. No question why the store was empty....Kmart will not survive against their greedy competitors with this horrible customer service.

It takes a while for them to go to the back and check, they are also interrupted along the way, grow up and be more patient, had you waited for them to return they would have got back to you eventually. Remember you are no longer three years old so stop acting like you are.

Boohoo! Nobody wants to hear your greedy feeling because you don't know how to use the Internet to buy shoes!

Review

Kmart is playing the mark up game

I was at a Kmart that was having a going out of business sale and I discovered when ever you saw 10%,20%,25% off it was not true they marked it up high enough that it was no sale at all! One of many examples was they had heavy duty ratchet straps that I can get at Lowes for $13.99 at regular price Kmart had marked up to 26.99 with 20% off you do the math! I have been shopping at Kmart for years what a joke! Kmart needs to make this right with the public and give the hard working people who they have taken advatage of there money back!
MattD78

Did you stop and think maybe this is one reason why they are going out of business? And because of that they are doing whatever they can to squeeze every penny out of whoever they can.

What's going to be done to them if they don't give people [their] money back? Are people going to boycott the store and cost them business?

Are you going to shut them down? Oh...too late.

Review

Worst staff ever hired possible- never will I shop here again | Kmart review from Hazleton, Pennsylvania

2.3
girls behind counter, one blond, one black hair, few others. cursing in front of guests and laughing at them. standing around. very unprofessional. horrible experience. Spanish girl with long line in customer service center while others stand around fooling around, not helping here. this was a horrible experience. do you's have managers in there? rudest experience from girl named Michelle, Morgan, Amber, Francesca??? I cannot recall exactly. and also girl working in electronics dept. very rude. I guess was supposed to be a higher up in staff but you should demote. Horrible. never shopping here again. you should really manage your store better. this place sucks. worst Kmart chain is in Hazleton, PA by far.

GOOD! KMART WORKERS OBVIOUSLY DON'T LIKE YOU! GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!

You have a lot of nerve calling someone old enough to work a "girl" when you cannot even type a proper sentence. Something taught in third grade, and that being remedial third grade. You may be calling all of these people girls, but you are the one acting like a child.

Poor customer service
Tags
  • Unprofessional

Unprofessional Managers Review

Overnight managers very unprofessional. they dont even wear uniforms to work. they always smoke in front of the store. they like to shout at their employees in the sales floor very unprofessional. the gm should see overnight managers at work especially harashment is going on.

Overnight Managers Review

Very Unprofessional. overnight managers. smoking in front of the store and there was already a complain. overnight managers dont even wear uniforms. lots of yelling from them especially from the employees they shout at them even in front of customers. very unprofessional.

1/2 off clothing... | Kmart review from Huntsville, Alabama

Store # 3606 ...I looked for 30 minutes for a blouse , I found one, on the clearance rack , sign above said take an additional 50% off lowest ticketed price . When I got to the register they said its already been marked down, the ticket price is what they wanted to charge me , I told Mgt . I said you need to take the sign down, even the casher said it .There were over 10 of these blouses on rack.. The lady behind me had the same problem...Poor Mgt. would not mark item down for me ., But the black lady behind me she did. I took picture of sign and going to send it to corporate.
Quanasia

You need mommy or daddy to go shopping with you. The price was already marked down. I seriously doubt you read the sign right if you cannot even construct a simple sentence.

Did everyone read the same thing I DID?The discount was given to the lady behind her but not her.Why???I know why...I used to work there.She knows why also but will not say it for fear of being labeled a racist..but with kmart sorry to say this is true.In this day and age you would think this would not happen..but at kmart it does.It is the way they trained us.Kmart are the racist.

@mi

You really are going to take someone who writes a review like they are still in the first grade seriously? Chances with her poor grammar skills she misunderstood the sign. Also it says but the black lady behind me she did, it does not say she got the discount.

Please do send it to corporate because that is where the problem lies. I work at Kmart and am in charge of pricing and I can't begin to tell you the headaches I have to go through on a daily basis because corporate didn't download the selling prices, or they downloaded the wrong ones.

You are absolutely correct that you should have gotten the blouse for an additional 50% off the ticketed price, that was the sale running at the time. However, the employees are not able to override things as freely as customers would like them to. Every single thing that has to be overrode is traced to the cashier and the one who okay-ed it be overridden, you have to have answers for everything you override anymore and you get in trouble if you have more than a couple a day. You literally could have a 10-20 question e-mail directed to you about a single override.

Not fun and therefore we do not do them unless absolutely necessary. Believe me, if there weren't all of these policies that corporate has made regarding this type of stuff I'm sure they would have not cared if you got a couple dollars off a blouse.

You got the problem solved what is the point of this review anyways?

@Anonymous

I agree, she has no right judging people based on her terrible spelling and grammar. Everyone makes mistakes even she does.

@Agrees

I think with her terrible spelling and grammar the mistake was hers. She probably read the sign wrong because she is illiterate and is blaming the company.

View more comments (6)

Give Cheryl HBA LEAD a Raise! | Kmart review from Camarillo, California

5.0
At KMart Camarillo Store #7165 on 16Sep2014 Cheryl took the time to look for the item I wanted to find. We rambled through Sports and other areas only to come up empty but I was impressed with her enthusiasm and spirit. I've read of these kind of experiences in Japanese stores but Cheryl is right up there in customer service with them. I hope she inspires others to follow her example. As she went off to help in other areas of the store, wouldn't you know it, I saw a substitute for the item I wanted --- a Thermos water bottle. A great buy too. Receipt #07165 091614 006 15842 ---Chuck

I would not be surprised if Cheryl wrote this review. :D

@Anonymous

Agrees, you were just doing what you are paid to do Cheryl, nothing special, you were doing your job as everyone else, if you think you are entitled to a raise wait for your hired date, or talk to your manager. Then again it could be a relative or friend of Cheryl, and Cheryl could have no idea they posted this about her.

Preferred solution